Churches and SARS Registration

If a church operates in South Africa, it has to pay taxes to the South African Revenue Service (SARS). Similarly, everyone who earns an income from a South African source (i.e. a church in SA) will also have to pay tax to SARS.

Code of Conduct for Religions in South Africa

The Code of Conduct for Religions appearing below is the response of the South African Council for Religious Rights and Freedoms (CRRF) to the alleged abuses in certain religious communities uncovered over the last few years.